from the inside out
We all want to change something in our lives.
We want to stop feeling stuck and start feeling like we have choice, freedom and joy.
But how do we make changes that stick?
We have all forced ourselves to make changes. We quit smoking or eating junk food. We make ourselves go to the gym. Something in our fear-based sympathetic nervous system tells us we have no choice. We MUST do this!
But these changes seldom last. We don't stay in that fear state forever, and when it drops away, the change suddenly seems less necessary and that new and improved behaviour can fall away. This is why simple will power doesn't work for the long term.
The patterns and behaviours we want to change all served a purpose for us at one time – maybe smoking helped us get through a stressful time. Maybe junk food makes us feel GOOD when we eat it, but the stress and discomfort come back. Unless we can create new behaviours and patterns that come from a place not motivated by fear and self judgement, the old behaviours will return even more strongly, with some additional shame and self-blame attached. And this makes it even harder to make change the next time we try.
Sustainable Transformation = Real Change
Choose Your New Path
Real change requires three things:
1. We need to engage our parasympathetic nervous system (rest, digest, repair and connect). This is where change comes from power instead of force. We are calm and centred. We build new patterns and behaviours that meet our real needs without substituting something that masks our discomfort.
2. Consistent small actions build new networks in our brains. Instead of expecting ourselves to be suddenly perfect every day in every way, we need to break down our desired change into small steps that help us build new habits and new neural pathways in our brains.
3. The small steps must be meaningful and motivating to YOU!
Hi, I'm Georgia Barnwell
Energy for Transformation grew from my desire to help people make real change.
First, I learned to help myself through some pretty big changes that opened the door to a life filled with more connection, compassion, creativity, courage, and JOY!
- build a solid foundation of calm self regulation, grounding and inner peace,
- find clarity around unresolved experiences, limiting beliefs, and feelings of being stuck in life, and
- create inspired actions that that bring desired changes to life!
Georgia Barnwell of Energy for Transformation is a certified practitioner of Havening Techniques. Havening Techniques is a registered trade mark of Ronald Ruden, 15 East 91st Street, New York. www.havening.org
"I would recommend Georgia’s approach and work to people who are experiencing symptoms of trauma or anxiety, especially related to ourselves individually and our shared future on the planet. She creates a safe space for those of us interested in taking charge of creating positive transition for ourselves in a changing world."
(NS, Nova Scotia)
“I feel so fortunate to have connected with Georgia. Her compassion, wisdom and guidance, creative approaches and commitment helped me work through a really bleak time in my life. I probably would have survived without Georgia’s help but she helped me to a place where I can imagine I will thrive again. I am grateful beyond words.”