Leafy greens and summer vegetables are full of vitamins and minerals and help reduce inflammation. Paired with a creamy hemp dressing, we are getting a double dose of anti-inflammatory nourishment. The hemp contains balanced protein, fibre and omega-3 fats that are so important to soothe us. And with unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, we are getting some great probiotics to support our gut health. Whip some up today!
Creamy Hemp Dressing
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Blend until smooth. Makes about a cup (250 ml). This is a thick dressing. For a thinner version, add 1/4 cup of filtered water or coconut water. For a thicker version that is more like a dip, reduce oil to 1/3 cup and vinegar to 3 tbsp.
- You can dress this up to suit your tastes.
- A tablespoon of miso and 2 tablespoons tamari will add an Asian flavour.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, like parsley, basil, or thyme, will add a Mediterranean taste.
- Feel free to add a little spice if you feel like it. A bit of grated ginger, turmeric or curry powder, or a pinch of cayenne, brings a whole new dimension.
Serve on salads or seasonal vegetables and enjoy!